Session Length Options: 3.5 Hours
All teams form, and storm. However, many teams never fulfill the purpose and fail to norm (lock-in processes and build momentum) or reach high performance. This half-day workshop for intact teams allows the group to create a shared understanding of what great teamwork looks like and how each person can add their unique value. Participants will explore the key roles and relationships that will energize the team’s work. Finally, the team will generate simple guiding principles that will direct how they go about achieving the team’s goals.
- Managers, team leaders, team members, and HR professionals.
Every team should be launched using a face-to-face kick-off. Key discussions regarding roles and goals, communication, collaboration, and decision-making would be discussed. Now, almost all teams are virtual. This traditional team launch event has been severely compromised. Yet the need for having these initial crucial conversations is now greater. Further, the rate of organizational change is increasing. Few teams transition well during reorganizations and fail to gain rapid traction in their new configuration.
We’ve dialed in the virtual team launch experience. Teams will learn to…
- Diagnose their stage of team development and understand what levers to press to nurture team performance
- Launch well, get unstuck, and move from good to great performance
- Discover their individual strengths, aspirations, and challenges
- Align their thinking around their collective idea of a high performing team behaviors
- Explore their interrelationships as they perform their jobs
- Embrace individual responsibility as well as group accountability
- Manage and adhere to some simple guiding principles that the expectation of how they will work together
Overview of the session
- Explore the power of valuing creative diversity
- Share some team theory
- Create team awareness of team members unique value and contributions
- Identify where team members are getting stuck and name the support that they need
- Build a social networking model of how they work now and ideally, how they aspire to collaborate in the future
- Generate team behaviors that everyone can agree to abide by as they work together
- Plan the team’s next steps that will result in quick wins
- Celebrate the work of the team